Welcome to Codidact Meta!
Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.
Music site, for both fans and musicians
Update 30-12-2020: launched
The idea for the site is a place for music fans, composers, and artists to gather to discuss music. As a starting point for topics:
- Technique: guidance on practicing or performing music
- Music theory: notation, history, and composition
- Analysis: Of a specific work, whether in its entirety or a specific piece (section, phrase, verse, chord progression, etc.)
- Instrument maintenance: Tips on maintaining or repairing instruments, resources to locate professionals who can help, etc.
- History: Of musical movements, genres, instruments, specific performers, etc.
- Terminology: Terms for musical ideas or terms used in the music industry; what is meant by [term], or what term describes X; what genre does [this song] fall under
- Technology: Help with music software or devices; recommendation for music software which does X
- ID: What is the name of this [song/band]? What is the name of the musical instrument playing in [this song] at [timestamp]?
- Purchases: Where can I buy [sufficiently detailed music-related item]?
Points to consider:
- Is this list complete? Are there any other types of questions you'd like to see in such a site? Are there any types of questions above which you think are not a good fit for this type of site?
- How musically-related must a question be? Should we allow questions about lyrics (and if so, English-only or other languages as well)? Music videos?
> Is this list complete? Are there any other types of questions you'd like to see in such a site? > How musically-rel …
Regarding > - Purchases: Where can I buy [sufficiently detailed music-related item]? I propose making this a categ …
Right now we don't have a good way of identifying people who would help build a new community, so let's do this: if you …
Are questions about business aspects of music also in scope? Issues such as: - securing licenses & paying royalties …
over 1 year ago