Welcome to Codidact Meta!
Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.
A Site for Privacy and Data Protection Enthusiasts
Privacy is important. Especially in the time of the Internet.
Hence there are software solutions to improve your personal privacy (most commonly known: TOR). And there are laws, which mandate a certain level of privacy (most commonly known, likely: GDPR).
However, in my real life experience, few people know of what those laws mean and even fewer know of the tools. That's bad, because privacy is a human right. Furthermore, many laws are written in a confusing way, which most people don't understand. Therefore there may be companies, that want to fulfill the legal requirements, but need help with that.
What if there were a Codidact community for such Privacy enthusiasts?
Some things I'd suggest to consider on-topic:
- Questions about the usage and functionality of privacy tools (TOR, VPNs, ...)
- Questions about how to better protect your data while being online
- Questions about privacy laws, including abstract case support (but of course no specific legal advise)
- Questions about how to implement certain privacy law rules (for example: which type of cookie banner should I choose?) (possibly too subjective??)
Some things I'd suggest to consider off-topic:
- specific legal advise
- check-my-site-or-approach questions
- questions asking for assistance with something clearly illegal (example: how do I buy illegal drug X on TOR)
Anything else? What do you think? Would you be interested?
Technical considerations (all suggestions by me; feel free to suggest something different):
- Site Name: "Privacy"
- Site URL: privacy.codidact.com
- Special Features Needed: likely none, possibly MathJax for encryption stuff if that's on-topic
As for two of the suggested on-topic scope points, > Questions about the usage and functionality of privacy tools (T …
This is certainly a topic I'm interested in (I suppose I could be described as a "Privacy Enthusiast"), but I'm trying t …
The name "privacy" is too broad. My first mental images have nothing to do with what your proposed site is about. I th …
Inspired by the help page for the parallel Somewhere Else here's a few other test scenarios not already covered by your …
Record your interest here If you are interested in helping to build this site, please leave a comment describing your …
I suggest we divide Q&A into these two categories, Q&A - General Q&A about what users can do to protect their privac …