Welcome to Codidact Meta!
Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.
Block adding answers and editing of question/answers of deleted questions.
A deleted question should:
- Be viewable only by author, Moderators and appropriate high-TL users.
- Not allow new comments or editing of comments on question or answers.
- Not allow new answers.
- Not allow editing of question or answers.
Currently, new answers are allowed and editing of questions and answers is allowed.
In response to some of the comments & answers, Some Other sites have two very different "question goes inactive" statuses:
- Deleted - This is what I am talking about here. The question is basically "gone" except for viewing by Author, Moderators and very high privilege users. This is for hate/spam/gibberish.
- Closed - This is the "maybe you can make it better" status. Not inherently bad, just not good enough. This is for duplicate/poor quality/off-topic. There is hope it can be fixed (explanation of why it isn't a duplicate, improve content and formatting, focus to be more on-topic).
As far as I am concerned, Deleted questions really need no new activity at all. Possibly comments by Author/Moderators/high-privilege-users but that is it. Closed questions, on the other hand, could have much more activity, particularly including edits to improve the question.