Welcome to Codidact Meta!
Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.
That JohnDoe with the extra a.
Anyone who came here to be an elitist and for example has much knowledge in mathematics but feels great downvoting questions about the foundations of mathematics such as my question about binary power operations destroys this community at least in the long run.
Question downvote abuse exists !
Often asking the right question is much harder than giving the right answer.
From my experience with humanity in general and Q&A websites in particular, the assumption that people downvote questions only for legitimate quality assurance purposes is naive at best and people might also do that because:
- The natural animalistic human tendency for arrogance/supremacy/elitism which only a true hero can conquer
- The desire to shame a certain user which is grasped as "noncontributing" or worse "discontributing"
- The desire to cause frustration to a user who knows with high certainty that the specific downvoter did so
- The desire to display hostility towards a user who knows with high certainty that the specific downvoter did so
- The desire to block a user from making any further actions, even if these are good (regularly or even exceptionally)
Preventing this destructive phenomenon
If we use downvotes, let's ensure we significantly restrict their usage by, say, allowing people to downvote questions only if they have published at least three questions in the respective network website and/or necessate explaining downvotes while the discussion sub-thread is always moderated by moderators to prevent escalation and keep criticism constructive and not anything else.
A possibly better idea altogether is to totally take down any "numerical reputation" system out because people ask questions in fields of knowledge they want to become more knowledgeable on and answer answers in fields of knowledge they want to formally be grasped smart on and there are much better ways to assure quality, giving feedback and building reputation.
PostsSee all »
|Number of top-level posts||16|
|Number of answers||2|
|Sum of received votes (up minus down)||-13|
|Number of edits made||29|