votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on How to make an edit that only changes the tag list by adding a tag that does not exist?

How to make an edit that only changes the tag list by adding a tag that does not exist?

+9
−0

I tried to add a tag to an existing post by editing it and it failed because there was no actual post edit:

No changes were saved did not edit the post

After further tests, I realized that this happens only if the added tag(s) do not already exist (probably the validation sees no difference because the non yet existent tags are ignored).

After slightly editing the post, the edit could be submitted, but the issue still remains.

How to make an edit that only changes the tag list (nothing in the post body)?

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (5 comments)
General comments
Moshi‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@Alexei I just edited your post and only added the [tags] tag, so it seems that it either doesn't affect either me or it doesn't affect Meta. Could you try editing the post, or a different post, and see if it happens again?

ArtOfCode‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Were you adding an existing tag, or creating+adding a new tag?

Alexei‭ wrote over 3 years ago

I have just add a new tag. Only when I made a slight change in the body, the edit could get past the validation.

Alexei‭ wrote over 3 years ago

I have performed a few checks on two posts and now I understand the actual scenario when the validation does not work as expected (I have edited my post to reflect that).

Monica Cellio‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@ArtOfCode I ran into this on some community metas recently when adding the missing basic tags (like support). I couldn't characterize it at the time, so while I might have mentioned it in chat I didn't do anything more -- figured maybe it was a fluke.