votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on How can we make Codidact more friendly for askers?

Parent

How can we make Codidact more friendly for askers?

+10
−0

Most of the sites are struggling to get questions and while it seems to me at least that more effort has been put into optimizing for the answerers than for the askers.

To put it another way, there are lots and lots of sites on the internet where one could get their question answered, why should they ask it here?

Recently for me, it has not so much been that I don't have questions but more that the cost of writing questions is has not been worth the benefit.

What can we do to encourage people to ask questions here?

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

0 comment threads

−4

I think we must commence the Accounting, Economics, Finance forthwith to take advantage of the current bull U.S. stock markets! As you may have seen on the news, many amateurs are piling into investing and cryptocurrency now, and stock market indices are breaking record highs. The Sub Reddits for these topics are skyrocketing as much as meme stocks!

Communities for Accounting, Economics, Finance can attract these investors. Perhaps Codidact staff can message the moderators of r/economics, r/economy, r/finance, r/investing, r/stocks, r/stockmarket, r/personalfinance, r/options, and ask if they can advertise our communities there?

I know they're getting more questions than their moderators can handle. They will be happy to divert some of the traffic to us!

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.

1 comment thread

General comments (5 comments)
General comments
Monica Cellio‭ wrote over 3 years ago

What we need is for some folks here -- needn't and probably shouldn't be Codidact admins, but rather people who would participate on these communities -- to do some of this outreach. If there's a group of people who want to support a community here, we want to set it up. But we're a small team and can't go find all those participants for all those communities ourselves; we need some evangelists from within the community to lead that. Interested in working with those Reddit subs?

PSTH‭ wrote over 3 years ago · edited over 3 years ago

"Interested in working with those Reddit subs?" yes, but unfortunately, I have literally zero karma on Reddit. I mostly lurk. I don't think I should ask because Reddit moderators may intepret a zero karma account as spam. Do you know if there are Codidact users here who are already moderators on Reddit, or at least have more karma, who can carry more weight?

Monica Cellio‭ wrote over 3 years ago

The Codidact team can't take on the task of finding people to support every community that someone would like to see here. We need supporters of community proposals to do that legwork. By the way, I don't have any status on Reddit either. If there are people there who would potentially come here, somebody who's invested in the proposal needs to do that outreach, talk with them, work together to shape the proposal, etc. I don't know how you do that on Reddit.

ArtOfCode‭ wrote over 3 years ago

So... I am a moderator on reddit with a decent amount of karma, but... I'm also Codidact staff. I could reach out, but Monica has an excellent point that it really should be people who actually want to use these communities.

Chgg Clou‭ wrote about 3 years ago

@ArtofCode Can you try reaching out to mods on those investing subreddits? Let us know their replies.