votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Separate question and answer in profile

Parent

Separate question and answer in profile

+10
−0

I have asked 7 questions and answered 2 questions. Sometimes I go to my profile to visit my old questions and answers. I notice that the answers and questions are grouped together. There's a tag for answers ([tag:Answer]) but it is still not easy to find an answer in the middle of other questions. So, I think it would be very helpful if Codidact separated question and answer in profile pages like SE. Then, people like me can find answers and questions easily.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (1 comment)
−0

Yeah, we definitely want to improve that aspect of the profile page. We want to allow you to break posts out by type and also by category -- you shouldn't have to dig through all your Q&A posts to find that one article you posted in the "resources" category.

Because we can now add new post types, we can't just bake in a list. (The profile page has this problem now in the right column, where it breaks down post counts and votes by type. New types don't show up there.) We'll need to figure out how to make that dynamic. Making the post-type "pseudo-tag" clickable would help, but it's not a complete solution (that one article might be way down on your list). We have some design work yet to do here, and then of course we have to actually implement it. :-)

(My current thinking is: categories and "all" as tabs within the list, reflecting the presentation of the categories themselves, and then checkboxes for all post types used on that community. This would let you find your meta answers, all Q&A posts, etc. We could show the counts next to those options. But we'll need to figure out how to present all that cleanly including on small viewports.)

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.

1 comment thread

General comments (4 comments)
General comments
deleted user wrote almost 3 years ago · edited almost 3 years ago

you shouldn't have to dig through all your Q&A posts to find that one article you posted in the "resources" category... Did you mean I should add further question on feature request in this question? I was actually thinking to do that but, Feature requests are best done as one question per feature (or set of closely-related features). you commented in one of my post that's why I wasn't doing that. And, I wasn't separating that question cause,

deleted user wrote almost 3 years ago

@luap42 had answered all of them in one

Monica Cellio‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

@Istiakshovon‭ sorry for the confusion. I wasn't suggesting that you change anything, just taking your suggestion and talking about how we might address it along with a related problem. Feature requests can attract that kind of response sometimes as people think through how the feature might work. That's expected on Meta.

Skipping 1 deleted comment.

Lundin‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

Sorting your own posts first by Q or A and then by tag from your own user profile would be ideal. On Someplace Else you'd use the site search [discussion] user:me to sort all your posts after tag, but that's both Q and A mixed. The user: ... search feature would be handy regardless.