votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Please, don't kill Olin Elthrop‭!

Please, don't kill Olin Elthrop‭!

+4
−4

I just found this user Olin Elthrop‭ and read the profile description.

I felt like I had to report it, since it may be considered trolling or insulting against another user Olin Lathrop (a high-rep user and a mod on EECo).

But, really, it's such a beautifully crafted piece of ironic writing (and that photo is integral part of it)! It made me laugh and almost cry.

Don't get me wrong, I hold Olin (Lathrop) in the highest esteem, so if he finds that insulting, ban the user or delete the account with no mercy (it seems there is another account under the same name with a similar profile description, and the user was banned).

However I really hope Olin (Lathrop) finds it amusing as I do and speaks for letting it live, as long as it remains like this and the user doesn't do anything disrupting against this site.

BTW, that photo is exceptionally well photoshopped, at least I guess it is, otherwise I may start thinking that user was created by Olin (Lathrop) himself as a self irony stunt!

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

2 comment threads

General (5 comments)
Wait for the end! (6 comments)
Wait for the end!
deleted user wrote over 2 years ago

Actually, I don't know who is that. Anyway, the user haven't done anything wrong. It's ok if someone creates new account with my name and photo. If they do something wrong than, we should take action against him. First, our action will be change his name and bio (photo also but, it's not necessary but, if owner(whose photo is that) don't like it than, we have to remove that photo also). Even, Olin Lathrop is moderator in EE. So, if he sees anything wrong. Than, he will take action.

Currently, there's no way to report I guess(but, moderator can take action). And, he didn't do anything wrong. So, you don't have to report. (If it happens with someone else and he doesn't like that behavior than, I will tell him to contact a moderator). :) Hope everything goes well

There's currently two account of Olin Elthrop available.

Lorenzo Donati‭ wrote over 2 years ago

"And, he didn't do anything wrong.", well, depending on jurisdiction using an image of another person without permission may be an issue (legally speaking).

Maybe I should have posted on the specific site's meta, but I've only become active here recently and SE network workflow is still too ingrained in me, so I still can't figure out all the twists of Codidact.

Lorenzo Donati‭ so, you are speaking legally. Don't mind! It's little bit funny to me. Currently there's more than 10 accounts everywhere whose profile pictures are same and all of them are created by different person. So, that is legal. But, Olin is illegal.

Lorenzo Donati‭ it's ok to post it here also. Cause, this is meta of whole codidact. You can discuss anything of the whole community here. But, you can't discuss about Physics in software.