votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Response to Monica Cellio's cross posts — "How can we grow this community"?

Response to Monica Cellio's cross posts — "How can we grow this community"?

+0
−10

Hi Monica! You cross posted the same question on many Meta's? Or just post here?

Anyhow I don't know where answer. Here I respond your crucial questions now.

My question to you is: where do we find those people?

My other post "How can I decorously promote Codidact on Reddit?" answers this. I know people on Reddit, who SAID they joined Codidact, after seeing my linked posts to Codidact on Reddit.

We are now able to pay for some advertising -- where should we direct it, and what message would best reach that audience?

I don't think Reddit allows ads. Why not mail free clothing, (AUTOMBOILE) stickers, decals to members? If you mail me them, husband, I, relatives will put them on our automobiles. I can ask friends to.

What's your reaction? If it's negative, what can we do about it?

Why hasn't Codidact started a community for Economics and/or Finance? Reddit's finance and economics all burgeoned this past year, like most U.S. stock market indices — r/askeconomics, r/economics, r/economy, r/finance, r/investing, r/investing_discussion, r/investmentclub, r/stocks, r/stock_picks, r/stockmarket, r/wallstreetbets.

r/wallstreetbets made international headline and front page news!

It's BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS — Christianity is declining in the English Anlgo Sphere — economics and finance are hotter topics than current communities here. No disrespect to "Judaism", "Christianity", "Linux Systems", "Tabletop Role-Playing Games"!

What might be turning people away, and what could we do about it?

A common gripe — Redditors affray clicking links to Codidact, because they affray Codidact is malware or spyware. Usually some other Redditor with much reputation, karma and reputation has to comment

Codidact is a perfectly legitimate website. You have my word. Just look at my karma and reputation and moderator status.

before Redditors click on links to Codidact. How prove to Redditors Codidact's licitness and legitimacy so that they click links to Codidact?

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

3 comment threads

not enough people (1 comment)
Brand awareness of Codidact as a name too low? (1 comment)
Cross-posting (2 comments)
Cross-posting
Lundin‭ wrote over 2 years ago

The point of cross-posting across multiple communities is naturally that the answers might depend a lot depending on community. As for why there is no site for economics, you can read that yourself here: https://meta.codidact.com/posts/277995. The proposal has been well-received so far and status is: needs people. There were also proposals for a Finance site and an Accounting site but they were not as well-received by the community.

samcarter‭ wrote over 2 years ago

x-posting also has the big advantage that it will also reach users who don't frequent meta