votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Possibility to re-post answers from external sources?

Possibility to re-post answers from external sources? [duplicate]

+3
−0

Closed as duplicate by Monica Cellio‭ on Dec 16, 2021 at 20:27

This question has been addressed elsewhere. See: What is the policy on importing questions by simply quoting the question over here?

This question was closed; new answers can no longer be added. Users with the reopen privilege may vote to reopen this question if it has been improved or closed incorrectly.

Is there a standard or acceptable way to include, link or re-post answers from external sources, such as stack exchange networks, quora or others ?

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

2 comment threads

Not exactly a duplicate, but close enough I think. (4 comments)
In the [data-import tag](https://meta.codidact.com/categories/3/tags/379) you can find lots of info a... (2 comments)
Not exactly a duplicate, but close enough I think.
Monica Cellio‭ wrote over 2 years ago

The question I just marked this as a duplicate of covers the same territory, so even if it's not exactly your question, I think it's a match. If you disagree, please let us know. Bottom line: your work is always fair game, but you might need to recast a question in your own words to bring in an answer (which is fine!). Data import is something that seemed like a good idea at the time but hasn't served us well, so we'd rather you re-ask/repost, in compliance with licenses (hence re-asking questions if need be).

4015.alt‭ wrote over 2 years ago · edited over 2 years ago

While I disagree about the chosen question/answer for marking this one as a duplicate. but I agree about it being already answered.

Because:

1. What I'm asking about is the policies regarding copying others answers from external sources, to questions asked in Codidact networks. which is different from re-asking or importing/referencing a question here. and should not in my opinion follow the same set of rules/restrictions (re-asking rules might be more flexible)

2. The only answer, currently, of the duplicated question is presented as "[a] personal opinion and not Codidact policy". which is equivalent IMO to not being answered yet, therefore, it could be re-asked differently.

However, my question is well answered in the Guidelines for referencing and quoting on Codidact communities. that I've just discovered, ​5 hours after posting it ^^"

Monica Cellio‭ wrote over 2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for misunderstanding your question. If you prefer, I can reopen it and you can add the help link as an answer. Or feel free to edit that link into the answer on the other question. The important thing is to connect people with the info they seek; I'm not fussy about how we do it.

I didn't mean to imply that the only answer there (mine) is the authoritative word on the matter; the other question is open and can accept more answers.

4015.alt‭ wrote over 2 years ago

l think it's ok to close it, since it is somehow answered, as long as, we can put the aforementioned answer link in an easily accessible way.

sorry, if you felt that my previous comment, imply that you implied that.

I've tried to make it objective, and didn't mention that the answer is yours, because it wasn't a relevant factor.

Skipping 1 deleted comment.