votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on What, another meta? What's this site for?

What, another meta? What's this site for?

+14
−0

Codidact Meta is for questions about the instance that we will host. You can also request changes and report bugs in the software platform that runs it, though you're also welcome to use GitHub.

But what does that leave, you ask? Use this meta site for questions about:

• instance-level policies and governance
  • new communities that would (or might) like to join us and how to help them
  • setup/configuration of our instance (URLs, services, integrations, etc)
  • emergent patterns on our communities that might need to be fed back to the platform developers (community X has this need and is currently kludging it by doing Y; what would help them? etc)

It's also fine to ask questions about using the software itself. If it turns out to be a bug someone can file a report on GitHub so it doesn't get lost, but I assume there will be "how do I do X?" and "why did this do that?" questions. Those are fine.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (7 comments)
General comments
Mithrandir24601‭ wrote about 4 years ago

What about using the codidact meta meta site for questions about qpixel, while codidact meta would be more about the future site that will be Codidact? Is that too much/too confusing/putting boundaries where there doesn't need to be any?

Monica Cellio‭ wrote about 4 years ago

@mithrandir24601 I worry that that would add confusion. Meta is already "another place"; meta meta even more so. We can use a QPixel tag for questions that are specifically about this platform, and then when we migrate to the Codidact platform we can archive those. How does that sound?

PinnyM‭ wrote about 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure we can remove the meta/meta link safely for this site...

Mithrandir24601‭ wrote about 4 years ago

@MonicaCellio [how do I reply/ping here?] Seems reasonable to me - it's not like I was panicking or anything about meta meta not being used, it was just a random thought that might/might not have been any good really :)

@Mithrandir24601 your comment pinged me. Looks like we don't have auto-complete but if you spell out a name it pings.

einpoklum‭ wrote about 4 years ago

I still don't understand what "QPixel" is supposed to mean as opposed to "Codidact".

@einpoklum, QPixel is the name of the software package currently running this site. It's hosted by the Codidact project and uses a Codidact URL; when the Codidact software is ready we'll move all sites that we're hosting using QPixel onto Codidact instead. The Codidact software doesn't exist yet but we need a place to do Q&A, hence this stopgap.