Welcome to Codidact Meta!
Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.
Proposal for reorganizing the Help Center
Is it possible to reorganize the Help Center? I recognize that this might be very low on the priority list, but my first experience with it was less efficient than I'd hoped. What I'd propose is this:
Left Column: Our Community (was "site information")
- About [community-name] (contains scoping & closing rules, mostly "FAQ")
- How to ask a great question (already exists, just in wrong spot, will need a community-unique section)
- How to write a great answer (doesn't exist, will need a community-unique section)
- Community Categories (already exists as "category and post types," but it's obsolete and not community-specific, should explain the "tabs" for the community)
- Voting (already exists)
- Flagging (doesn't exist, should explain the flag options very clearly, might require community-specific explanations)
- Why are posts deleted? (already exists)
Left Column: Using Codidact (was "Guidance")
- Searching Codidact (already exists as "codidact search options")
- Formatting Posts (already exists)
- Answer Scoring and Ordering (already exists)
- Post Licensing (already exists as "Guidance on available licenses on Codidact communities")
- User abilities (already exists)
The entry "Categories and Post Types" appears to be an obsolete effort to explain what the "tabs" do in the communities. We might be tempted to have a Codidact-universal explanation of those tabs, but I don't think that's particularly valuable anywhere but in one spot: in the "how to propose a new community" page.
The entry "Guidelines for referencing and quoting on Codidact communities" should be incorporated into or linked out of "How to ask a great question."
The entry "How to propose a community on the codidact.com network" should be moved to Right Column: About Codidact and renamed "Proposing a new community."
Personally, I believe "How to write good alt text" is straining at the proverbial gnat. But if it makes sense to keep, it should be either incorporated into or linked out of "Formatting posts."
Mithical here - the other documentation lead along with Sigma. A couple notes on this suggestion: Separating netwo …
Hi! Sigma here, one of the documentation co-leads along with Mithical. These are some great ideas. I agree with the …