Welcome to Codidact Meta!
Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.
User preferences behaviour inconsistent with advice
A preferences problem highlighted in an answer on Software Development Meta appears to have been somewhat fixed, but leaving an inconsistency with the guidance on the preferences page.
At the top of the user preferences page there is a note that says:
Changes are automatically saved once you move away from the input field.
This might lead a user to believe that closing the tab without moving away from the input field would lead to no change being saved. However, this is not the case. If the tab is closed, the change to the field is still saved.
- Go to the question list page: https://meta.codidact.com/categories/3
- Make a note of a tag on a question in the list, and whether it is highlighted in yellow or not.
- Go to the user preferences page: https://meta.codidact.com/users/me/preferences
- In the "Favorite tags" field, add or remove the tag (depending on whether it is already present), but do not move away from the input field
- Close the tab
- Go to the question list page again
- Notice that the tag has now changed from being highlighted/not to the opposite
- Go to the user preferences page again
- Notice that the "Favorite tags" field reflects the change you made
The behaviour and the guidance need to be consistent, but which one should be changed?