votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on No shadow is not enough disabled.

Parent

No shadow is not enough disabled.

+4
−6

ul.pagination li.prev.disabled

Image alt text

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (1 comment)
−4

I count current style is good enough to keep it as is. Moreover I personally wouldn't even notice all currently proposed changes (opacity, transparency, cursor, etc) - I don't care about design while it's decent.

To be honest I'm a bit surprised to see this kind of Q here: Do we really have to discuss such a small things ? Though it's a totally different topic.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.

1 comment thread

General comments (9 comments)
General comments
ShowMeBillyJo‭ wrote over 3 years ago

I think making the user experience better and more accessible for a wider range of users is a good discussion to have. Some people have different visual acuity than others, and we wouldn't want to inadvertently exclude someone or make their experience worse when accommodating them can be as simple as a CSS change.

FoggyFinder‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@ShowMeBillyJo I'm afraid it leads to endless discussion about styles. There are FrontEnd&Design leaders already - if someone has a good proposal why not contact them directly?

if someone has a good proposal why not contact them directly? <== we do that all the time ==> this is not a case because I thought reactions would be mixed instead of mostly positive

@FoggyFinder I'm making a particular point about material issues of accessibility for users who are dis/differently-abled. This isn't a theoretical, slippery-slope discussion for them, it's real life.

FoggyFinder‭ wrote over 3 years ago · edited over 3 years ago

@ShowMeBillyJo You seems like ignoring the second part of my comment. Have you attempted to point out on this existent issue through discord chat or any other way ?

@FoggyFinder No, because I don't have anything to add to @8063's response.

FoggyFinder‭ wrote over 3 years ago · edited over 3 years ago

@ShowMeBillyJo Thanks, got it. May I ask why did you think so (this is not a case because I thought reactions would be mixed instead of mostly positive)? If something is clearly useful and doesn't require much efforts then why CoDidact leaders would opposite (to clarify: partially, i.e. mixed reaction) the proposal?

If you think current style push away some people cause they have some issues with vision why this thesis isn't included to the Q? Links to researches would be helpful as well.

Skipping 1 deleted comment.

I'm disengaging from this conversation now. I made my point, I've explained myself, and I stand by it. IMO anything more than that is scope-creep from the Q.

FoggyFinder‭ wrote over 3 years ago

IMO anything more than that is scope-creep from the Q. @ShowMeBillyJo‭ Agree. Though I don't think off-topic conversation is something bad on meta.