votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Why was this answer to the volunteer-discussion removed?

Why was this answer to the volunteer-discussion removed?

+4
−2

For what reasons post (answer or question) might be removed by moderator / staff ?

I do not ask about obvious reasons like spam, off-topic, base rule violations, etc here.

Context: history.

history

Obviously, author of the post wasn't agreed with decision.

To my opinion this answer is bad: hasty and rash. I, personally, would suggest removing it to its author. But I see no reason to delete it forcefully.

In the answer that I've referenced above author merely expressed they opinion: no more. They might be completely wrong but they has rights to express it freely, isn't it ?

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (6 comments)
General comments
luap42‭ wrote over 3 years ago

I changed the title because this question seems to be more to be about a specific post rather than deletion in general. If this isn't what you intended, please revert and clarify.

FoggyFinder‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@luap42 yep, my question was general, about current rules. I asked the question because I noticed removed answer. I'm not really interested in why the specific answer was removed but quite the opposite I want to be sure that answers & questions won't removed only because they contains something that someone from staff & moderators dislike.

@luap42 Since there is a statement that community-run Q&A platform; by the community, for the community. I want to discuss and create rules if needed as soon as possible to avoid misunderstaning, unfounded accusations (in both sides), resentment etc that leads to dramas. All users are different but any is valuable. Even those who seems doesn't respect project....(1/2)

To my opinion post was removed by mistake. I'm not going to make any conclusion by one, two decisions with whom I disagree. That's fine (I actually like it, otherwise it would be boring).

But freedome of speech is a red line to me. If community doesn't want to hear negative feedback - well, then I don't want to be part of such community. Again I'm not saying it's bad thing. It's just one that I find inaccepable for myself. (2/2)

luap42‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@FoggyFinder there has been some more internal discussion regarding the deleted answer. We'll post an update soon, which will contain our new stance on that specific post. Unfortunately, this post seems to have been misinterpreted by most people (including me) to be mostly about the one specific post. Maybe it'd be better to ask a new one than to change this one now, so that the context of the answers isn't invalidated?

@luap42 agreed. But please do not remove my comments above to get full context to readers. I'll try to prepare new Q better next time (since this incident is resolved and I'm more than totally satisfied with the decision) or, I hope, someone with better knowledge of English will do it first :-)