votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Change not listed in question

Parent

Change not listed in question

+2
−1

The question list for Q&A on the Electrical Engineering site shows this entry:

However, in the question (https://electrical.codidact.com/questions/279739), there is nothing indicating the question was changed:

Clicking on "History" does reveal the change. I was expecting the little pencil icon showing a change, with "3 hours ago by Lundin" next to it.

Microsoft Edge
Windows 10

This is an edit to my own question. It seems the bug manifests itself when someone other than then original author makes an edit. Here is to find out what happens when the author makes an edit.

If this works correctly, perhaps someone else can add another edit to see if the bug appears.

This is a further edit by Monica, made at 23:29 UTC, to see how the "edited" indicator is affected.

This is a suggested edit from a user who can't edit directly.

The previous version exhibited the bug, confirming that the problem is with edits that have to be approved by a third party.

Here is a further test to see if the condition is reset due to an edit by the post author (which is probably only relevant because it doesn't require approval).

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (9 comments)
−0

Tentative characterization of the bug: this happens when a user who does not have the Edit ability makes a suggested edit and that suggestion is approved. Look at the edit history on this question. After Olin's edit the "last edited" indicator was correct. After I edited it was updated correctly (so not a problem with third-party edits). But when Monica's Sock edited it and I approved that edit, the "last edited" indicator disappeared entirely.

Suggested edit on an answer, for science!

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.

1 comment thread

General comments (6 comments)
General comments
Moshi‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Could you test it on this answer?

Monica Cellio‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@Moshi confirmed -- answers too.

Moshi‭ wrote over 3 years ago

I just checked the other report, seems like it is the same as this then.

msh210‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Tsk. Approving your own edits is an inappropriate use of sockpuppets. (Kidding.)

Olin Lathrop‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Looks like you nailed it. Nice sleuthing!

Monica Cellio‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@msh210 this is why I did it openly, so all would know what I was doing and why. (Was going to put a smiley here to acknowledge your "kidding", but while I know we're just kidding around, the sentiment is real -- if I do something that would be an issue if done under other circumstances, I want to be transparent about it.)