votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Implement reactions for top level posts

Implement reactions for top level posts

+4
−0

Reiterating my request on the original reactions proposal, please allow the ability to set up reactions for top level posts as well. Quoting from that request,

If reactions are able to be added to these sort of 'questions', we can have "Reproduced"/"Not Reproduced" for bug reports instead of the odd and frankly non-constructive upvotes/downvotes we have for them right now, and people can add their OS and browser information in the additional comments.

This second section is slightly dated, but the concept still applies (just replace 'answer' with 'comment thread', and the reactions would prompt you for a comment as well.

For community proposals, this can also replace the current awkward system of Monica creating an 'answer' for people to comment their interest/possible activity on; instead, people would react with "Interested", "Would be active on", or "Not-interested", for example.

[feature-request]s also get downvoted for reasons that I can't understand.

I have had my feature requests downvoted for reasons such as: 'It is probably difficult to implement', 'There exist workarounds', or 'there are more important things to do, so I'll downvote to decrease this suggestion's priority' (???). However, I, personally do not think those are valid reasons to downvote a suggestion - I would only downvote if I think that a suggestion is harmful in some way.

Reactions would help by letting people react "Non-essential", for example, instead of flat out downvoting, the latter of which signals (to me, and I assume others) a bad suggestion, not a low-priority one.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

2 comment threads

prototype (1 comment)
Should be possible now. (1 comment)
Should be possible now.
Monica Cellio‭ wrote over 2 years ago

According to the announcement, that's possible now. I'm not sure, but it might need an admin assist to turn on reactions for other post types. Let us know what you'd like for your communities and we'll try to help. Or for here on Meta, I guess make a meta proposal so we can see what the community thinks.

One caveat: AFAIK reactions can't be restricted by category. I don't know what it would take to do that.