votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on "Tour" for new users?

"Tour" for new users?

+8
−0

Hi everyone! I'm joining the bandwagon coming from SE. I've been active over there for just over four years, so needless to say that I'm very familiar with that platform.

Codidact shares a lot of similarities with SE: it's got Markdown support, the sidebar works similarly to that of SE, etc. But there's a lot of things which are different, too, such as the new categories feature, reputation being replaced with trust levels, etc.

SE, for comparison, has both a tour and a help center, where the tour provides an overall view of how things work and the help center looks at the details on how to ask, answer, and do other things on the site. If there is something analogous here, it's not very well publicized.

If there is not a tour/help center: what would it take to create one?

If and when there is a tour/help center: what would it take to, say, add a widget to the sidebar or footer with a link to it?

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (2 comments)
General comments
luap42‭ wrote almost 4 years ago · edited almost 4 years ago

Hi @DonielF, we have a help center, which is currently being written. I see, that you already joined our chat server. If you want to help writing some of the texts, ping me there (luap42 is my name there, too). OTOH, we don't have something like a tour yet, but more inline and interactive help is definitely planned, maybe even a "tutorial engine", where you can try everything in a sandbox environment. We just haven't had the time for that, because everything is quite new.

Mithical‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

(I'm a Co-Lead for User Help for Codidact.) I've spent the past few days writing up help center articles; currently, things are being coordinated in chat and on the docs GitHub repo. A tour is definitely on the list of things to do in the near future.