votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Filtering non SE questions?

Parent

Filtering non SE questions?

+5
−0

Is it possible to filter for non stack exchange questions? On communities that have opted to sync, I've found it quite frustrating that I'll find a question posted "recently" I think is interesting only to find it's just a synced question from SE and filled with answers already. I would like the ability to find questions specifically made by users here.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (1 comment)
−0

Nice idea! This is implemented in the latest build, which is rolling out now. There's a new Native button on category post lists that lets you bring non-imported posts to the top.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.

1 comment thread

General comments (11 comments)
General comments
Canina‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

Suggested at 15:51 UTC, rolling out at 16:15 UTC. Now that is what I call rapid development. (Admittedly a fairly simple feature; but still!)

manassehkatz‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

Not to complain, but....it would really be nice if either this was a true filter (i.e., only shows "Native" when you click that button, rather than simply sorting) or if there were some indication (tag-like "native" or "imported" or some symbol?) so that when I scroll down through the "Native" list I can see where Native is no longer the case.

Canina‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

@manassehkatz I agree that having something like this which works as an actual filter would be even better. However, that would probably require a bit more UI work if nothing else; because all of the other buttons there act as sort selectors, not filters, it would need to be clearly set apart from them. Definitely not impossible, but probably takes more than 25 minutes from start to finish. I for one will rather take something we can polish than an idea that may be implemented in 6-8 years. :)

ArtOfCode‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

@manassehkatz ^ basically that. Sorting was the easy solution; building a filter is possible (the lottery button is technically a filter), but means building a new action and view as opposed to adding about two lines of code to an existing setup.

@manassehkatz That said... no reason we can't suit both worlds: build rolling out now includes a small icon on imported posts so that you can tell which is which.

Thank you...except that it doesn't seem to be working on "Native"! Works with everything else.

Canina‭ wrote almost 4 years ago · edited almost 4 years ago

@ArtOfCode Not to be a downer (I like the idea), but... I don't think it's appropriate to use the SE logo. It comes with all kinds of potential legal issues. Might I suggest something like an appropriately sized U+2398 ⎘ or U+2945 ⥅ or U+2B8A ⮊ or U+2BB3 ⮳ instead?

@aCVn I checked on that one, and this kind of use is actually totally okay - see SE's trademark guidance, "Design of Your Product". The icon itself also comes from a well-known icon library, so we're not storing it and potentially coming into issues that way.

dmckee‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

When I use the Native filter I'm getting some posts where the question is not marked as imported but the answers are. (I'm guessing these are questions claimed by a local user...) Is this the right behavior for OP's use case?

@dmckee right, imported-but-claimed content can count as native in some edge cases.

"Native" not showing imported correctly in Scientific Speculation confirmed resolved.