votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Blocked from posting to Collab by script tag inside code block

Blocked from posting to Collab by script tag inside code block

+4
−0

I am currently unable to post to Codidact Collab. When pressing "Save Post to Q&A" I am taken to the following page:

Page with a big red X saying "Sorry, you have been blocked"

The small print at the bottom says:

Cloudflare Ray ID: 7b7c1ee0bdc87761

In case it's relevant: (turns out it wasn't)

• I am able to post to Codidact Meta (this post you are reading is from the same account - I only have one).
  • The question I'm attempting to post to Collab contains 3 links, to pages on codidact.org, Wikipedia, and GitHub.
  • I am able to post a comment on Collab - I tested by posting a comment on this older post of mine

Root cause

It appears this was due to a <script> tag being included in a code block in the question. I was able to post the question to Collab after removing the tag.

Example

The following code block cannot be edited into a post on Collab, although editing into this Meta post worked fine:

<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@codidact/co-design@0.12.5/js/co-design.js" defer></script>

As <script> tags are fairly common in front end code, this is still a problem, although a much smaller scope problem than being unable to post anything to Collab.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

Escalating to sysadmin team (8 comments)
Escalating to sysadmin team
Monica Cellio‭ wrote about 1 year ago

I attempted to reproduce the problem but was able to post (I'll delete that later when this is resolved). I was expecting a general Cloudflare problem. I'll make sure our sysadmin team knows about this.

trichoplax‭ wrote about 1 year ago

Thanks Monica. It isn't holding me back from anything, just raising an inconsistency from the Co-Design installation guide in case it needs changing.

We do want to get this fixed, though. If it's coming from Cloudflare it could be IP-based. Don't reveal anything secret, but is there anything different about how you're accessing the site compared to in the past? (It's odd that you can reach here, though I think I remember a Collab-specific Cloudflare problem in the past, so there must be a different configuration or something.)

Nothing different here. Maybe this is a good reason to migrate Collab to codidact.com...

I don't seem to have a saved draft as I would on other Codidact communities. Not sure if that's something that usually works on Collab or whether it's relevant here.

Just mentioned on Discord (network-town-hall) that I've tried changing IP address by using mobile hotspot instead of broadband and I'm blocked either way.

I don't want anyone to keep working on this unnecessarily so in case you haven't see the Discord discussion, we've narrowed this down and the question is now successfully posted (with a deliberate typo to avoid the word that was triggering the blocking).

Oh, it was content not IP! Thanks for letting me know. (I haven't seen the Discord discussion yet.)