votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on How can I conveniently opt out of Codidact analytics?

How can I conveniently opt out of Codidact analytics?

+8
−1

Since a few days, my Firefox add-on Privacy Badger shows me a new tracker originating from analytics.codidact.org. I read the privacy policy and it states that there is analytics going on to improve the site.

However, I don't want to contribute to this effort as I don't like my data to be analysed. Is there an option to opt out of analytics while allowing functional / necessary cookies?

(The paragraph in the privacy policy about disabling cookies altogether on my side is really inconvenient as I want to stay logged in.)

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (6 comments)
General comments
luap42‭ wrote over 3 years ago

We’re using Matomo, so there should be a link that should allow everyone to disable it. I think it also respects Do Not Track headers by the browser.

Zerotime‭ wrote over 3 years ago · edited over 3 years ago

@luap42 I just opened Codidact in two different browsers (Edge and Firefox) in private mode with no add-ons with no data associated before the visit and I didn't get a link or pop up to control cookie settings. Where can I access it manually to change my preferences after setting them once, for example because I misclicked or changed my mind?

@Zerotime Except for Matomo, we only have so-called necessary cookies (mostly account management). You do not have to explicitly agree to those and you can’t (AFAIK IANAL) object and continue to use the site with an account. For Matomo, I don’t have access. I’ve asked for one, so that I can answer your request, but I’m currently on mobile, so that will take a bit longer. ;)

Cookie-settings are (per GDPR FWIW) only necessary, when your legal justification for having them is consent. When it’s “necessity to offer the service” or “legitimate interest” they shouldn’t. But I’ll look into it and come back later with a Matomo opt-out Link.

Zerotime‭ wrote over 3 years ago · edited over 3 years ago

@luap42 My question is only about analytics cookies not functional ones, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Skipping 1 deleted comment.

Zerotime‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@luap42 This works. Can you please add this as an answer?