votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Add new global flag reason: AI

Add new global flag reason: AI

+6
−1

Can you please add a flag reason for "AI/LLM content"?

I occasionally see people try to make some posts where they clearly just plug the question into ChatGPT and copy/pasted the response into the answer. Worse, they didn't bother reading the answer, or they would have edited out the pointless filler these models like to produce with a default system prompt, and they would have noticed that the AI failed to actually answer the question and refined their prompt.

It's tedious to type in a reason every time you flag these. I am sure users would be more active in flagging it if it was easier to do, and vice versa.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

Cite reasons (4 comments)
Cite reasons

No, you should write some reasoning why you think the post is AI, not just state that it is. I know it's tedious, but what's obvious to you, isn't always obvious to the one handling your flag.

matthewsnyder‭ wrote about 2 months ago · edited about 2 months ago

That's fair. Just for me personally, if I had to explain every time, I would simply stop bothering to flag them. I don't imagine I'm the only one.

The admins are welcome to decide whether they'd prefer quantity or quality when it comes to flagging AI questions.

Once again, this question is not about any AI content. It is specifically about that subset where it is blindingly obvious that it's AI. I'd post an example, but I was advised by mods that it's discouraged to call out individual users/posts, so I suppose you'll just have to trust me on that one.

How often do you really see such blatantly obvious AI for this to actually be a problem?

matthewsnyder‭ wrote about 2 months ago

Honestly not that much. I think one was a couple months ago. Second was this week. Not such a big number at this point, I'm speculating that when the site gets bigger it will remain at the same proportion of the userbase.