Welcome to Codidact Meta!
Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.
"User was not notified" incorrectly displayed in comments.
I just had an incorrect "user wasn't notified because they haven't participated in the discussion" warning (I can't recall the exact wording).
What I did:
- Responded to a comment here: https://meta.codidact.com/posts/284526, specifically this one.
- First thing I did was typing @ and 3 letters for the user name I was responding to. The site finds it, auto-completes it and their user name popped up in blue text.
- I wrote the comment and everything looked fine.
- Then I decided to make a minor edit to the comment. Now the username of the person I notified turned red and I got the mentioned warning, even though I had not modified that part of the comment.
- Refreshing the comment page made the error go away. So it might be a temporary display glitch after editing a comment.