Welcome to Codidact Meta!
Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.
Hot Posts curiosity [duplicate]
Closed as duplicate by Mithical on Sep 30, 2022 at 06:38
This question has been addressed elsewhere. See: What gets on Hot Posts?
This question was closed; new answers can no longer be added. Users with the reopen privilege may vote to reopen this question if it has been improved or closed incorrectly.
I'm curious about the list of "Hot Posts" shown in the right hand panel of Codidact pages. So here are some completely unimportant questions that I'm intrigued to know more about:
- How is the list of Hot Posts produced?
- Is there a scoring mechanism to determine how hot a post is?
- Are the displayed Hot Posts the highest scoring, or a random selection from some of the highest scoring? (I notice they don't change on page refresh.)
- Is the approach adjustable per Codidact community, or per post category?
- Is any of this info already available somewhere I've missed? (I tried a quick search of Codidact Meta and Help.)
0 comment threads