Welcome to Codidact Meta!
Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.
How should we phase out the Site Proposals category?
Currently the old Site Proposals category points to the new Proposals community, presumably as a temporary measure until people get used to the new community. This is not ideal, as described in the last paragraph of Discoverability for the new Proposals site.
What is the best way to approach removing the old Site Proposals category?
- To what extent should old proposals be preserved, even if they haven't been transferred to the new Proposals community, or haven't had any recent activity?
- Should existing links to old proposals continue to work?
- Should the authors/followers of old proposals be notified and be given time to migrate before losing access?
- Should there be any automatic migration?
- What other considerations have I overlooked?