Welcome to Codidact Meta!
Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.
Can the homepage become more like the dashboard?
I have been visiting the site for some time now and I am slowly developing a bit of a problem with the landing page for codidact.com:
- First of all, there is no indication on that page of whether I am logged in or not. As a result, I don't have access to notifications and I always have to navigate to some community to check if there is something to do.
- Secondly, there are no indicators of which communities have new activity. Since I am involved in multiple communities, this means that I would have to go to each community to check if something happened, navigate back to the landing page and repeat.
- Finally, the communities are listed in a seemingly arbitrary order. As a result, I typically have to scroll to find the community I'm after (this can get annoying, especially on mobile). It would be much nicer to have some form of user-based ranking of communities.
It has gotten so bad that I found myself navigating to meta.codidact.com/dashboard or software.codidact.com/dashboard or ... instead of the home page. After all, the dashboard provides solutions to my first two points. However, I do find it a bit clumsy that I have to navigate to a specific community to access the dashboard to get a better overview than the home page.
Therefore, I would suggest the following:
- make the dashboard independent from communities
- make this dashboard the landing page for codidact.com (for logged-in users)
My last point could probably be seen as a separate feature request, but it would be nice if I could have the most recently visited communities show up first.