Announcing featured links
You might have noticed, that the Hot Posts sidebar widget changed. This is, because we added some new features surrounding it. Most noteably, moderators can now feature links to that bulletin.
This is how featured links will look like:
Moderators can make changes to the bulletin in the moderator tools (which have also been updated to look as nice as our admin tools... :D).
There are a lot of configuration options, which allow
- connecting a featured link with a post,
- automatically hiding featured links after some date and
- using the bulletin for longer events (multiple days)
(FWIW, the images are from a test server, so do not worry about anything).
There are two additional changes to the widget:
- It's now possible to choose, which categories hot posts are selected from.
- Also, it's now possible to set a minimum score for hot posts.
If you find any bugs, have any questions or feature requests, please add them as answers to this post.