votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Launching a new community with enough contributors even though disagreements exist

Launching a new community with enough contributors even though disagreements exist

+2
−2

Suppose that I have suggested a community idea which has been heavily downvoted.

Now, if I can gather enough people interested in contributing to the community regularly, then will this idea be planned to launch by the community team while it has many downvotes?

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (9 comments)
General comments
Moshi‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Yes... The thing is, the amount of people who disagree with you should tell you how successful you'll be in doing that

Moshi‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Huh, I didn't realize I had the ability to close posts by myself...

Lundin‭ wrote over 3 years ago · edited over 3 years ago

What I don't get in the specific case is why we can't have one math site and one physics site. The math site is gonna happen by the looks of it. In case it will be hard to find enough users to support a dedicated physics site, make one called natural science and include chemistry, astronomics etc as well. The site could have different categories for physics, chemistry and so on.

MathPhysics‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@Lundin Your suggestion can be a good one. However, my question is general, not limited to a specific case. By the way, as I explained in this site proposal, I cannot hope that we have an alive math community.

Lundin‭ wrote over 3 years ago · edited over 3 years ago

Why not? SE has five different math sites, why can't we have a single one? Seems to me that the potential for a math site is great, much bigger than some more niche topic sites that we've already launched.

FoggyFinder‭ wrote over 3 years ago

How is it possible? If people are interested in such community they should vote for the proposal.

MathPhysics‭ wrote over 3 years ago · edited over 3 years ago

@FoggyFinder The point is that such a community may be disliked by several active Meta users; one may find many interested people other than them.

FoggyFinder‭ wrote over 3 years ago

still don't see how it's related. If there are enough users who want (actively) new community then it should be created.

Zerotime‭ wrote over 3 years ago

If you get them to upvote a proposal and it evens out the downvotes, we all know that the proposal is controversial but has users who would like to participate. If it's only downvoted, it's not apparent for the public that there may be users interested in participating.