votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Codidact turns one; let's party (email for prizes sent)

Codidact turns one; let's party (email for prizes sent)

+35
−1

Update (2020-12-29): I've sent emails to everyone who is eligible to get a t-shirt or stickers. I'm sorry that it took a while, but you know, life happens. It's been an interesting year so far and we're all volunteers. If you are eligible but haven't gotten the email, please check your spam folder and wait a while. If there is still no email, contact me under my username at codidact.com.

Happy birthday Codidact! 🎉🥳

Wait, it has already been a year? Yes, apparently. A year ago today I started a Discord server to gather with others who wanted to buid a better Q&A platform. A few weeks later we started a forum (now deprecated) to collect ideas and registered a domain name, and in the time between then and now we've been hard at work building this platform and helping communities get established here. It's been an exciting year!

To celebrate, we're holding a friendly contest! We want to highlight all of you who are building great communities of people sharing with and learning from each other. So this next week is all about your posts.

From now until 2020-10-23 23:59 UTC, you'll earn one contest point for every post you make to any of our communities that reaches a Wilson score of more than >0.6... (that's +2/-0 or better)[1]. At the end of the week we'll announce the results, highlighting both the contributors and the communities that saw the most activity.

We've built a ranking page where you can see your current point count and what gifts you can expect: Go to https://meta.codidact.com/birthday/ranking for it.

"Fun and glory are all nice", I hear you saying, "but what about prizes?" We don't have a large budget, but we've got some goodies for you.

picture of a t-shirt with the Codidact brand

Our top three contributors (who are willing to share a shipping address) will receive Codidact t-shirts! A couple of us have test-driven these shirts and we think you'll like them.

picture of stickers with the Codidact logo

Our top fifty contributors will receive Codidact stickers! They won't look exactly like the ones shown here, but they'll have the Friendly Blue MonsterTM and the name "Codidact" or "codidact.com" on them. We're working on getting these made.[2]

And what about the communities? We hope that all of our communities benefit from new, good, posts. We'll highlight some of those posts when we announce the winners; we want to show the rest of the network the good things that are happening in your communities.

Thank you to everyone who's helped us build Codidact, both the platform and the communities, over the past year! We're glad to have you with us, and we're looking forward to more improvements, more activity, and more communities.

1. Due to an internal misunderstanding I gave a wrong number as the threshold. This has been changed now. As none of the three posts who were written before this update hit the threshold, we decided not to count them seperately. ↩︎

2. To be eligible, you must provide us with a way to contact you for the shipping details. We'll provide an update about that as soon as we have decided how to collect the data ↩︎

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (20 comments)
General comments
Bhargav Rao‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Congratulations and all the best for the future!

Circuit fantasist‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Congratulations on the anniversary! There is something different and very sincere about you ... that makes people believe you ... and want to cooperate with you. This is the first time I have witnessed such an initiative begin to make its way ... and I have the desire to take part in it...

Monica Cellio‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Welcome aboard @Circuitfantasist‭! We're glad to have you and everyone else who's checking us out.

Skipping 1 deleted comment.

10 Rep‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Codidact is pretty epic, in my opinion. Congrats for turning one! I wish I had some reputation ;)

Monica Cellio‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@10Rep check out our list of communities and see if any of them fit your interests -- you should be able to get to 10 rep (and more) soon if so. :-)

Moshi‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Just curious but why is this here instead of on the blog lol.

luap42‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@Moshi in the current configuration the blog only supports articles (w/o answers) and I thought people might want to be able to post them (for congratulating, telling their favorite Codidact story or linking to their favorite post or whatever)

Congratulations, it's really impressive and absolutely necessary. I've been hunting around this site but didn't see any discussions on growing the user base. Where might I find this topic being discussed?

@PresidentJamesKPolk there is this ca. 5 months old discussion. If you want to talk about user base growth in general, this very Codidact Meta community is likely the proper place. If you want to talk about a specific community, there is a "Meta" category on every site, where you can discuss growing the specific community.

Olin Lathrop‭ wrote over 3 years ago · edited over 3 years ago

"Our top fifty contributors will receive Codidact stickers!" Do we even have 50 posts per week across all sites? It seems like much less to me.

@OlinLathrop according to the global stats we had about 50 Q and 50 A per week over the last few weeks. Can't say for the current week, but of course this event also has the intention of increasing network participation ;)

How's the leaderboard looking rn?

@Moshi now live :)

Says top fifty but the leader board only shows top 30?

@Moshi a coincidence of having exactly 30 non-staff people contributing so far in the specified timeframe. The board will show all people with relevant activity and the "What will you get icon" goes up until 50. Also, the list is cached so changes are not reflected instantly.

Peter Cooper Jr.‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Definitely be sure to check your spam folder. Microsoft's Exchange Online Protection definitely didn't like the message. Not sure if the line about "too good to be true" might have made it seem less reliable to their computers. :) But thank you!

Canina‭ wrote over 3 years ago

I don't suppose there's a way to send one's details that doesn't involve giving Google the complete mapping between e-mail, Codidact username and full name and address in a nice, machine-parsable form?

@Canina I see and agree with your concerns about Google and privacy. Unfortunately, it's kinda the easiest thing for us. Maybe we can do this: You send me the neccessary data per email. Then, to make sure they don't get lost, you fill out the Google form including 1 of the details (only email or only username) and with a comment in the other fields that you sent an email?

mbomb007‭ wrote about 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure I filled out the form, but to my knowledge I have not received the stickers in the mail yet.

luap42‭ wrote about 3 years ago

@mbomb077 yeah sorry for that. We haven't forgot it, but the person I sent the data to didn't see it at first and I'd been on a break for the last month. Don't worry, we're working on it.