votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on A note on April 1st 2021

A note on April 1st 2021

+13
−2

Unfortunately, we didn't have the time to build an April fools easter egg this year. We'll build one next year, for sure!

Therefore, for your own safety:

• DO NOT try to enter any secret code on April 1st.
  • DO NOT play the game ('cause there is none).
  • DO NOT post your high scores in this thread (because you can't get any (as there is no game)).
  • DO NOT let the Codidactyl touch any sugar (not that there is a danger (because there is no game of course))
History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (11 comments)
General comments
luap42‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

(The game, which doesn't exist, is only active on April 1st local time, hence posting already)

Skipping 3 deleted comments.

Canina‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

Since we don't get anything for April 1st, maybe we can have this fixed, say, some time April 2nd, because everybody loves Fridays? (The stretched image is mildly annoying, and hey, that post even includes a CSS then-fix; not sure if it can be used directly as-is with the modified top bar since.)

luap42‭ wrote almost 3 years ago · edited almost 3 years ago

I maybe should clarify... that there might be, indeed, an april fool easter egg... as the post may be a fool itself (but you might need to wait, until it's April 1st for you).

@ShashankVM is there any harm? I had got some spare time, why shouldn't I use for some light-hearted fun it, especially in times like these?

FoggyFinder‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

I would prefer to not have such uh "fun". This day is annoying enough elsewhere.

mbomb007‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

Not an Easter egg, but there is an important hotfix that is worth looking at.

@FoggyFinder nothing's forcing you to enter the secret code... Feel free to ignore this whole thing. :D

@mbomb007 that code is hella sus...

Skipping 1 deleted comment.

Monica Cellio‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

Nobody on the Codidact team wants to have fun at others' expense. If there are aspects of the game, or its presence for people who haven't chosen to activate it, that cause problems for those with disabilities or anyone else, we want to know so we can address it. As someone with a disability myself, I know how much it hurts to be left out of things due to poor design choices or bad culture. If we've unknowingly created a barrier for someone, please educate us so we can do better. Thanks.

Skipping 2 deleted comments.

@ShashankVM ah don't worry about security, everything is just client-side and it's just a small game. The secret code (often known as Konami code and a common code for such easter eggs) is "Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right A B Enter" (which are the keys you have to press).

mbomb007‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

@luap42 Not quite. But anyone familiar with the code would know your mistake. It was the first code I tried yesterday, before realizing I had to wait several hours.