votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on flagging as duplicate without any details shouldn't be allowed

flagging as duplicate without any details shouldn't be allowed

+6
−0

I was reading this question. I was trying to flag something as duplicate. When I tried to flag as duplicate with no details, I got the message Thanks! A moderator will review your flag.

while flagging flag

That may be a problem. It has to be fixed. Otherwise, a lot of people will troll with it. Eventually if codidact becomes big people can "troll" by closing question with themselves as the target As a comment says in this post. It won't be completely like trolling, but a moderator will be annoyed by having to review flags like that.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (4 comments)
General comments
manassehkatz‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

Agreed! I got those flags as moderator and couldn't figure out what they were referring to. Ideally a Duplicate Flag should require an actual target. But short of that (which would be complicated because the additional information for each type of flag would be different), a text field to fill in details (in this case, duplicate target) would make a huge difference.

Monica Cellio‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

This is a bug. The duplicate close reason is supposed to require a link. I just checked the configuration here on meta and it's set to yes (required), but I was able to flag this as a dupe without supplying one. Thanks for the report.

Monica Cellio‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

Oh wait, I see what's going on -- if you close as a duplicate you have to supply a link, but if you flag you don't. That's an oversight. I don't know what it'll take to fix this. At the very least, we could add some text asking people to supply the link in the textbox.

deleted user wrote almost 3 years ago · edited almost 3 years ago

@MonicaCellio i think there should a easy way to do it. if user selects duplicate than the text field can't be empty. Like it does when we select other. I will try to check the code(I am not a Ruby programmer that's why i always don't understand those codes). After looking at the source, I noticed community is taking Is a duplicate flag from database. And, It doesn't have for answer.

Skipping 1 deleted comment.