We've deployed a large backlog of changes made to the code since March:
- Post lists now show a question preview. We're aware that this might require some further adjustments. Preview length can be set per-community if desired (0 to disable).
- When editing a post, you can now paste images in directly. (That is, if your clipboard holds an image, you can paste it into the editor.)
- Comment improvements:
- The existence of deleted comments is more obvious.
- Comments now show when they were last edited, if they were.
- Syntax highlighting in code works.
- You can follow future new comment threads on a post ("follow new").
- Profile editing now shows a preview for the "about" text, and fixed a bug with image uploads in profiles.
- Added a network preference to make the top bar sticky.
- Improvements to tag-matching when adding tags to a post.
- Moderators can create new tags from the "tags" page. All fields (name, summary, description, parent tag) are editable in a single form. Rationale.
- Email subscriptions: fixed a bug that caused repeated notifications, added tag subscriptions (from the tag page).
- Search now includes some syntax hints. Also fixed a bug with searching for
- Keyboard shortcut
d opens the dashboard.
- The "hot" list excludes posts that are closed or locked.
- Small layout changes to comment thread pages (title at top, expanders below), user profile votes summary (wording, daily net change), mod tools (backlinks).
- Fixed some of the server 500 errors.
There were also a bunch of fixes and improvements that don't affect existing deployments (like this one) but make it easier to set up new ones. Examples: removing hard-coded references to codidact.com, allowing the tour to be customized, updates to database seeding, not assuming files are stored on S3, infrastructure changes to docker and ruby.
- Fixed a potential server error with the "account" tab on user profiles
- Wrap long usernames in user cards to prevent card overflow
- Show only a single column user list on mobile
- Category page default sort order is now the same as the site navigation header
- Moved the dashboard link to the header to make it easier to access