votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Voluntariness vs. Responsibility, which of them should be considered as a priority for the community team?

Voluntariness vs. Responsibility, which of them should be considered as a priority for the community team?

+1
−23

Before starting the concern, I want to appreciate and acknowledge the community team for their volunteer efforts to run Codidact and handle its issues as far as they can.

When I sometimes talk to some people about the state of some unhandled issues, I am answered explicitly or implicitly that "the community team are unpaid volunteers", "they have not free time to handle any issue", "Codidact is an open source platform so that anyone can fix a problem", and so on.

I agree that no one should expect a volunteer to do some work, but for an aspiring community there should be a difference between "voluntariness" and "responsibility". In such a community the community team, though they may be unpaid volunteers, try to run the community like that they are paid staff.

The Codidact community team have accepted to be the staff and run the community. So, in my opinion, if Codidact is an aspiring platform, one may expect that they work as paid staff do.

Am I right?

Notice

The initial version of this answer is the accepted and the best answer. You can find the initial version here (Please note the current version of this answer is not original and not valid).

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (5 comments)
General comments

Hit + because if this is not duplicate, it is the first to raise an important point. But no, absolutely not, your expectation is hugely wrong.

Logician‭ wrote over 3 years ago · edited over 3 years ago

Something about the default sorting is way off because I don’t think this down voted 11 times to 1 question should be the first one I see when I come to Meta

Yesterday it had less than five downs, I'm fine enough with most active first if that's what's happening.

Olin Lathrop‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@Logician: You are apparently sorting by activity, not score. This question is at the top because it had the most recent activity.

KingDuken‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Unless you suggest that Codidact can have a wave of sponsors like StackExchange, I don't expect anyone to make a salary on this website.