votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on changes to reputation

changes to reputation

+2
−2
I am leaving CD by giving my last idea to it. Some user will downvote this question just to take revenge (I don't know who they are). But, I believe I got some hostility here. Last message to my hostility,"If I had done something wrong to you than, Sorry! If you don't want to forgive me than, it's OK cause, I don't know you even you don't know me. :) Rest in peace."

In this answer, Luap had said,"Reputation can produce negative behaviors" (I lost some links of Forum Codidact's reputation discussion they were useful. But, I lost them that's why I couldn't mention those context). We earn/lose reputation from "anonymous user" (We just can't know who had upvoted and downvoted). But, we get reaction from specific user(We can know who had reacted on your post). So, I would like to give reaction priority instead of Reputation. I want to show reaction score instead of reputation in profile or, user tab

Reaction Just as PhysicsForum shows. But, I want to show something more in profile. Profile will show

Outdated, Bad, Dangerous and Worked for me.

• Outdated : It was working earlier. (So, no negative credit).
  • Worked for me : It is working. (positive credit)
  • Bad : The answer needs some improvements. (leaving it to staff/public) (I want it cause, some user (Me) can't write answer in English properly. If they correct everything than, that user should retract his reaction. Earlier I had answered a question then, I asked why I got downvote Olin said it's for bad English. After writing the answer properly that user didn't retract. Which is totally not good (telling it from experience of Math SE). )
  • Dangerous : Never try it (negative credit).

Above context changes depending on community. Questioner gets nothing cause, they are here looking for help. Bad questions can't get good answer until it is understandable. So, questioner needs nothing. Although, there's upvote and downvote system. But, no one will care of it. If someone creates a new account than, react on his own post. Which post didn't work for anyone. Than, moderator should have access to retract that reaction. Currently, some user creates new account and upvote his own post only for reputation(which isn't good). In EE community, there's a duplicate account of Olin Lathrop‭. His name is Olin Elthrop. Not only one there's two account. I guess, someone else had created those accounts. He/She could use those accounts to take revenge (by downvoting posts) or, he/she could upvote his own post. But, we can know who had reacted to post. Moderator can't retract upvote or, downvote but they should have access to retract (remove) other's reaction (Which I already mentioned earlier). Even, users don't have to explain why they had downvoted a post. But, they have to explain why it is dangerous while reacting.

In short : I want to reaction score instead of reputation. But, I was thinking of meta sites for a long time. But, I didn't find aout way for meta (If reaction doesn't exist in meta)

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

So... what exactly is your suggestion? (2 comments)
So... what exactly is your suggestion?
Canina‭ wrote over 2 years ago · edited over 2 years ago

I struggle to see what your suggestion/idea actually is. This post seems to discuss (a) the "reputation" number, (b) a future feature (reactions), (c) what should be shown on a user's profile, (d) which specific reactions should be used by communities, (e) that users who downvote for some specific reason should retract those votes later, (f) the impact of reactions on users' "credit" of some kind, (g) people having multiple accounts, (continued...)

Canina‭ wrote over 2 years ago · edited over 2 years ago

(...continued) (h) people having multiple accounts using them to interact with their own posts from other accounts, (i) the ability of moderators to retract votes, and (j) the ability of moderators to retract reactions; and that's assuming that I'm not missing anything. I don't see any specific, concrete proposal here. Can you reduce the amount of surrounding material and clarify what, exactly, it is that you are actually proposing should be implemented, so that we can discuss that? Thanks!