votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Codidact Meta!

Codidact Meta is the meta-discussion site for the Codidact community network and the Codidact software. Whether you have bug reports or feature requests, support questions or rule discussions that touch the whole network – this is the site for you.

Comments on Notifications button not working when inside a Q&A when it contains posts you created

Notifications button not working when inside a Q&A when it contains posts you created

+6
−0

GitHub Issue: https://github.com/codidact/qpixel/issues/162

When I am in the main page or browsing any page in the site, the notifications button works well.

However, if I am in a Q&A page where there is a post I created, either a question or an answer, it does not work and produces a JavaScript error.

Showing how the button does not work

The console shows this error:

TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'this.element.classList')

Linking to this line in https://unpkg.com/@codidact/co-design@0.12.0/js/co-design.js:

define("modal", ["require", "exports"], function (require, exports) {
        "use strict";
        Object.defineProperty(exports, "__esModule", { value: true });
        var Modal = (function () {
            function Modal(element) {
                this.element = element;
                this.isPositionedAbsolute = this.element.classList.contains("is-with-backdrop");

So apparently this.element is empty.

I checked in the rest of the page types and it works well in all of them.

I am on:

• Safari Version 12.1, macOS Mojave 10.14.4.
  • also on mobile: Firefox 82.1.3 for Android.
History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (9 comments)
General comments
Monica Cellio‭ wrote over 3 years ago

What browser are you using? I'm trying to reproduce, and I've struck out on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (on MacOS).

fedorqui‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@Monica I am on Safari Version 12.1, macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Canina‭ wrote over 3 years ago

This seems very much related to my older question What is clicking the inbox icon in the top bar actually supposed to do?, except this bug report is far more detailed.

Moshi‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@Canina and the even older bug report https://meta.codidact.com/questions/278171

Zerotime‭ wrote over 3 years ago

For me it works fine, however, before the update the button never worked inside a post. At least on my end nothing changed in between.

dustytrash‭ wrote over 3 years ago · edited over 3 years ago

Occurs in FireFox too. For anyone not having the issue, try a incognito window, to make sure you're getting the latest JavaScript+html. Maybe we should have selenium tests so these issues don't keep reappearing in production

KingDuken‭ wrote over 3 years ago · edited over 3 years ago

I just ran into this issue. This happens when I enter a post where I have created a question or I created an answer and I am not being able to expand the notification inbox. (Using FireFox myself) Other posts, I am able to expand the notification inbox. So for instance, I able to expand the notification inbox on this post because I have neither created the question or created an answer to this post.

fedorqui‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@KingDuken that's a very good find. I could reproduce that (no error when there is not a post from me; error where there is) so I am adding the info into the post. Thanks!

Someone‭ wrote over 3 years ago · edited over 3 years ago

I am seeing similar behavior on firefox. When I load a site with my posts, the console says: GEThttps://software.codidact.com/assets/community/software.css [HTTP/2 404 Not Found 38ms] (also for assets/community/software.js). On this question its meta.js/css